Planet Correspondences: Part 1
I put this little correspondence list together based on how I view and work with the planets. Not everything here is the basic “one is the only one”. With honor to Yin and Yang as well as spreading culture, most planets have more than one deity, color, and even elements. For example, in the elements section of Venus I placed both Fire and Water in that category. This is because Venus is a very hot, passionate, and romantic as well as a little lustful which falls under Fire. However, because of the dominant feminine and reproductive energy, I also gave it the element of water for the Womb. Enjoy!!
***Edits will continue throughout time. If you have a suggestion or idea, comment below.
- Deities: Hermes, Thoth, Mercury, Loki, Anubis, Iris, Ganesha, Buddha
- Aspect: Yang, Masculine
- Color: Yellow, Grey, Purple, White, Green, Silver
- Element: Air, Earth
- Day: Wednesday
- Altar Tool: Athame, Wand
- Herbs/Plants: Almond, Aspen, Bergamot, Brazil Nut, Celery, Clover, Dill, Fern, Lavender, Lemongrass, Male Fern, Mandrake, Marjoram, May Apple, Mint, Mulberry, Parsley, Peppermint, Southernwood
- Stones: Opal, Agate, Clear Quartz, Kyanite, Blue Sodalite, Aquamarine
- Chakras: Throat, Crown
- Governs: Communication, Knowledge, Wisdom, Tricksters, Magicians, Creativity, Thoughts, Ideas,
- Affirmations: When I speak I am heard, I express myself, I am intelligent, I speak the truth, I communicate well, I am understood, I am knowledgeable, I am organized, I grow with logic
- Direct & Retrograde: Mercury direct is all about logic, intellect, business, knowledge, wisdom, ideas, communication, and so on. While direct it is wise to improve and begin new business ideas and plans, reach out and make new connections through networking, keep track of communications via written word, and work magick for business dealings, prosperity, abundance, and gaining wisdom. In retrograde mercury can be quite a pain in the booty. This is where the aspect of ego, trickery, thieves, and failed communication happen. Take this time to work on communication with yourself. How are you feeling? Are you being honest with yourself? Have you taken time to reflect on here you are right now and how things are currently going? Keep a journal or creative outlet for your own self-expression. Be wary of mental trickery (mind games) from others and yourself. You hear your thoughts all day, make sure they tell the truth.
- Deities: Venus, Aphrodite, Freyja, Branwen, Ishtar, Inanna, Ezili
- Aspect: Feminine, Yang
- Color: Pink, Red, Orange
- Element: Fire, Water
- Day: Friday
- Altar Tool: Wand, Chalice
- Herbs/Plants: African Violet, Alder, Aloe, Apple, Catnip, Bleeding Heart, Columbine, Corn, Daffodil, Daisy, Elder, Foxglove, Geranium, Heather, Hibiscus, Huckleberry, Indian Paintbrush, Iris, Lilac, Magnolia, Willow
- Stones: Jade, Emerald, Turquois, Tourmaline, Rose Quartz
- Chakras: Sacral, Heart
- Governs: Love, Beauty, Romance, Lust, Promiscuity, Marriage, Jealousy, Fertility, Pleasure, Desires, Infatuation, Strife, Relationships, Intimacy
- Affirmations: I love, I love myself, I love my body, I am love, I am loved, I openly and freely give love, I openly and freely accept love, I am growing, I am fertile, I honor my sexuality, I honor my relationships, I honor my sexual needs and wants, I follow my hearts desires, I am beautiful/handsome, I am grateful for…,
- Direct & Retrograde: Going direct Venus tells us to love openly and freely. It asks that you not close yourself off due to the pain you may have received in the past. This sort of love can be friendships, intimate relationships, family/pets, even a healthy love and respect for coworkers and strangers. Focus on kindness and compassion for others to make sure love that is needed is spread. During this time connect with old friends, build new relationships, give an extra chance to those who hurt us, hold space for those who need it, nurture and care for others, and add and witness the beauty in the whole world and universe. This is also a great time to work random acts of kindness, fertility magick, love spells, and sex magick. Retrograde Venus askes that we come inward to love, care for, and be intimate to yourself. This retrograde teaches us to slow down and honor what we already have in the way of love, intimacy, relationships, and yourself. If there is strife in your relationships now would be the time to repair it or remove it all together. Focus your attention to loving yourself, use positive affirmations, pamper yourself, make that trip to the doctor’s office you have been putting off (caring for your own needs is also self-love), indulge in your pleasures/hobbies, go after your hearts desires, masturbate, rekindle an old flame, and so on.
- Deities: Aries, Mars, Morrigan, Horus, Odin, Ogun, Freya, Kali, Kartikeya, Tyr
- Aspect: Yang, Masculine
- Colors: Red, Yellow, Orange
- Element: Fire
- Day: Tuesday
- Altar Tools: Wand, Athame
- Herbs/Plants: Allspice, Basil, Broom, Cactus, Carrot, Chili Pepper, Coriander, Cumin, Dragon’s Blood, Garlic, Ginger, Hawthorn, Holly, Horseradish, Masterwort, Nettle, Onion, Pepper, Peppermint, Pine, Snapdragon, Thistle, Tobacco, Wormwood and Yucca
- Stones: Ruby, Garnet, Bloodstone, Amber, Unakite, Red Jasper
- Chakras: Sacral Chakra, Solar Plexus
- Governs: Primal sexual energy and desire, personal power, warding, defense, warrior energy, expanding energy, over-indulgence/greed, releasing (cutting out)
- Direct & Retrograde: Mars is actually a fairly simple planet, and retrogrades only about once every 2 years. Dealings with personal power, self-interest, competition, will and drive, make it quite an outgoing and aggressive planet. The warrior energy can be found easily, as Mars in an open book. During retrograde is when we tend to feel more effected simply by the lack of energy it is giving off. During retrograde, we find people tend to become a bit more self-centered, egotistical, sexually depleted, and oerall worn down. Mars acts as our battery pack, and when the warrior steps in reverse it can take a toll on everything we do. It can bring forth our inner fears we were once comfortable tackling with Mars in direct, depression, anxiety, lack of physical strength, and vitality. When Mars is in retrograde, its asks us to come within and charge our own batteries. Try to ignore the overwhelming sexual desire and need for indulgence the retrograde gives off. This is actually showing you what needs to be tended to internally. The new job, car, house, that maybe a big lavish and over the top, need to wait until you are clear headed.
- Deities: Odin, Zeus, Jupiter, Dagda, Amon-Ra, Manitou, Vishnu, Num, Artemis, Anubis
- Aspect: Yin, Masculine
- Colors: Violet, Blue, Yellow
- Element: Fire, Water
- Day: Thursday
- Altar Tools: Wand, Chalice
- Herbs/Plants: Sage, Anise, Ash, Balm, Blessed Thistle, Hops seeds, Juniper Berries, Chamomile, Chestnut, Chicory, Wormwood, Oak, Olive Tree, Chinese Ginseng, Maple Tree, Magnolia, Lungwort, Peppermint, Rosehips, Clover, Comfrey root, Dandelion, Devils Claw, Mistle Toe, Fig, White Willow, Valerian, Yarrow, Lemongrass, Carnation, and Numerous others.
- Stones: Sapphire, Amethyst, Coral, Diamond, Lapis Lazuli,
- Chakras: Solar Plexus, Crown Chakra
- Governs: Luck, abundance, prosperity, growth, spiritual growth,
- Direct & Retrograde: Grand and magickal Jupiter is a dual energy, fully embodying both fire and water, yin and yang. This amazing planet while traveling direct aids in forward movement, luck, prosperity, and abundance. When Jupiter is flying direct, we tend to feel well, excited, optimistic, and full of energy and ready to take on whatever challenges that lay before us. However, this happens in a matter that is not like Mar or Mercury where it tends to be more aggressive. This is a kind and calm forward movement. Gentle and easy feeling. This tends to feel more like a bright warm sunny day with perfect temperatures and a cool breeze. Use this time with Jupiter in direct to accomplish tasks that you have been dreaming about doing. Luck and prosperity are on your side. This could be a new job/career or business venture, get that new car or home, and make the life changes that you have been wanting to make. Due to Jupiter occasionally being associated with the “All Father” (Odin, Zeus, Jupiter, Jesus, Shiva, etc), spend this time helping others. Go outside and volunteer, help friends, family and the community as the Great God is all about protection, vitality and growing the community with the Goddess. During Retrograde take this time to work on all the above tasks, but within yourself. This time of the year is most commonly known for being financially dry or tight. This is because the retrograde teaches us to develop and rely on the abundance and prosperity that we have within ourselves. Take care of your needs (mental, physical, emotional, and heavy emphasis on the Spiritual). Many see this span of time (roughly 4 months) to not make any large purchases and stock up or save what money they have. Jupiter is big on humility. Meditation, psychic development, and simply connecting with the spirit realm is beneficial. Where are some areas that you can improve on yourself? Self-esteem, negative thought patterns, bad habits, etc are all to be addressed.